Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cult!


Several years ago I found this (promo) CD used, laying loose without a case among the other CDs in the store. I could tell by the print on the disc that it was some kind of metal, but I couldn't read the logo. The logo was printed on the disc reversed (mirror-image), and it was 'horned' and 'pentagramed' in the typical fashion. It amazingly wasn't scratched, so I took a chance and bought it and did not regret it. It's Impaled Nazarene's 1996 album Latex Cult, by the way.
Maybe it's because it's the first album of theirs that I listened to, but the few other of their releases that I've picked up since don't measure up to this. Ugly black metal mixed with ugly, frantic hardcore punk. Lyrical themes include goats, nuclear war, piss, puke and violence. Track 5 is called "Motorpenis". Can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment